This course covers the diversity of the sports industry, looking at sectors such as sports coaching, training and fitness programs, sports injuries, sports leadership and outdoor education. The course will allow students to develop skills and abilities enabling them to progress onto higher education and into employment in the Sports Industry.
Year 1 Topics studied
- Body Systems and the effects of physical activity (Exam
- Sports Organisation and development (Exam)
- Sports Coaching and activity leadership
- Biomechanics and movement analysis
- Sport and exercise psychology
- Health and fitness testing for sport and exercise
Year 2 Topics studied
- Working safely in sport, exercise, health and leisure (Exam)
- Improving fitness for sport and physical activity
- Physical activity for specific groups
- Sports injuries and rehabilitation
- Group exercise to music.
This is a vocational based course which is equivalent to 2 A Levels over a 2 year period.
It involves 65% coursework and 35% externally examined content.
5 GCSE’s at grade 5 (including Maths or English and Science)
Outside of the Classroom
Additional qualifications included on the course
• Emergency First Aid.
Possible Additional Qualification:
• NARS National Pool Lifeguard Course.
Reasons to Study this
This course is ideal if you want to pursue a career in the sports industry, such as personal trainer, sports coaching, sports development or teaching. It also allows you go onto to study a sport related course at higher education.