SUCCESS AT NEWQAY TRETHERRAS
- Headline results have been above national average standards for the last 7 years.
- Students’ overall attainment has improved to become significantly above the national average in many years.
- Science performance is consistently in the top 20% of the country.
- The gap in attainment between the most disadvantaged students and their peers has continued to close year on year at Tretherras.
- The progress students make at A-Level has been improving year on year with many subjects.
- In 2015 progress was significantly above Cornwall and national rates, even when including private / independent settings with selective intakes.
- Performance in vocational subjects in the Sixth Form is well above that nationally.
- A high percentage of students go on to a sustained education or employment / training destination than in the rest of Cornwall and nationally.
- A great proportion of students go on to a Russell Group University (the top 24 British Universities) than they do across Cornwall.
KEY STAGE 4
- Progress 8 = 0.08 (national average is 0.00)
- Attainment 8 = 51.9 (national average is 49.3)
- A*-C in English and Maths: 70% (national average is 63%)
- Achieving the English Baccalaureate: 11.4% (national average is 24.5%)
- Student Destinations: 98% (national average is 94%)
Please follow the link to the School and College Performance Tables: https://www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk/