Local businesses – we need your expertise!
At Newquay Tretherras, we are busy growing your employees of the future. We need your help to raise their career aspirations, develop their employability skills and learn more about the exciting industries in Cornwall.
Inspire young minds.
Being part of our business support network will provide you moments of great satisfaction but striving to make a difference can also be an exciting challenge! Having employers like you helping to inspire young minds and transform attitudes through a range of activities and opportunities is the foundation of an excellent careers programme as set out by the Gatsby Foundation’s eight Benchmarks of good practice and the Careers and Enterprise Company.
Ways to support:
- Be part of our Mock interviews with Year 11 students and help them structure their CVs
- Get involved in extracurricular clubs and activities
- Give an inspiring talk based on your industry or job role
- Provide a coaching/mentoring service through a structured programme
- Run a hands-on workshop with activities relating to your area of expertise
- Be part of our discussions about pathways after school, eg apprenticeships
- Help champion specific issues and challenge barriers in the workplace around gender stereotyping, disability etc
- Help bring a subject lesson to life by linking it to your industry
- Offer a work experience placement for students at you business premises
- Become an ambassador supporting employment routes for young people with special educational needs and disabilities and offer a work experience placement that is co-supported by the school
- Provide a Supported Internship opportunity
- Be part of our annual Careers Fayre
What to expect…
By getting involved you will not only be supporting future workforce development and helping to broaden the minds of the young people but you will also be developing new skills for your staff, forging community links and building a positive profile for your company.
We will support you throughout your visit to us to ensure we maximise the use of your valuable time. Our Careers Leader is Mrs S Henry. If you have any queries about careers, higher education or work experience please contact her on 01637 872080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Our Careers Leader will:
- Be your main point of contact for all enquiries
- Organise pre-meets/discussions/information for activities you sing up to
- Provide you details of the local arrangements including parking, facilities and our safeguarding policy.
- Conduct a short evaluation with you to ensure we are getting things right.
- With your permission add you to our network and keep you up to date with future activities.